Re: temporarily stop autovacuum

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: temporarily stop autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 14:21 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> >> It would be a significant hack but you could update pg_autovacuum to set
> >> all relations to false.
> >
> > Which will no longer work in 8.4.
> >
> > More generally, it was pointed out to me that users apparently do
> > updates of pg_autovacuum to change settings on a bunch of tables at
> > once.  We might get some complaints if we remove that facility.

I got plenty of complaints that aren't being fixed :). pg_dump doesn't
even know how to deal with pg_autovacuum, changing scripts to handle
their autovacuum modifications won't take much.

> Hmm, argh.  Maybe we do need the rule on a fake pg_autovacuum that
> Itagaki-san was proposing.

I don't think so. A clean cut is the way to go.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,