Re: still gin index creation takes forever

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема Re: still gin index creation takes forever
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:11:05 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
> >> Yeah, I'm not convinced either.  Still, Teodor's theory should
> >> be easily testable: set synchronize_seqscans to FALSE and see
> >> if the problem goes away.
>
> > Test suit to reproduce the problem:
>
> I don't doubt that you're describing a real effect, I'm just not
> sure yet that it's the same thing Ivan is seeing.  He seems to be
> talking about more than 4x differences.

Yes... 6min compared to something that span a night and is far more
than what I'm willing to wait to give an exact measure since it does
look to last more than the box itself.
Anyway... I'll try Teodor's trick to see if somehow it can
circumvent the real cause and I'll try everything on another box
ASAP.

thanks to all

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo