Re: Configure DB

От Jan-Peter Seifert
Тема Re: Configure DB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

> Datum: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:40:29 +0530
> Von: Vishal Arora <aroravishal22@hotmail.com>
> Betreff: Re: [ADMIN] Configure DB

> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:42:57 -0500From: davydky@gmail.comTo:
> pgsql-admin@postgresql.orgSubject: [ADMIN] Configure DB
> Hi List, I'm working with Postgres,  I'm  storing spatial information, but
> I have any problems when I try to acces to my data..from php, visual basic
> and postgis too...This is the message error:Warning: pg_connect()
> [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to
> server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on
> host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? in C:\Program
> Files\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\conexion.php on line 4I read that I need to configure
> these files:
> pg_hba.conf
> postgresql.conf

For testing purposes make sure that this entry is set this way in postgresql.conf: listen_addresses = '*'
Don't forget to remove the '#' at the beginning of the line, if there's any!

Are any firewalls running (Windows Firewall etc.)? Then add an exception for the server port (5432?) on the PostgreSQL
servermachine in the Firewall settings. This is most likely the case if you get this message.

If this doesn't help - did you add the three '???' in the message? Maybe the host is not set otherwise?

Good luck.

Peter
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx