Re: Bug introduced in 8.0

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Bug introduced in 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 08:46:33PM -0400, Lew wrote:
> upgrades to PG, it is our duty to inform our bosses of the risk of not
> upgrading, so they can properly assess risks and manage them accordingly.

I agree.  It is, by the same token, your duty to yourself to ensure
that, if the answer is, "No," you get that answer in writing so that
future failures are not possibly pinned on you as having been
negligent in installing stability and security releases.

By the way, I always refer to these of late as "security and
stability" rather than "minor" releases.  I do that because it
presents them to the target audience in a way that is understandable.
Those releases are, for the project, a maintenance burden and not a
way to introduce features.  It's wise to keep that in mind when
presenting such releases to managers responsible for the decision.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/