Re: conditional logging based on client

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: conditional logging based on client
Дата
Re: conditional logging based on client  ("Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Tuesday 22 July 2008 15:17:42 ο/η Rajesh Kumar Mallah έγραψε:
> Hi,
>
> We want to log all SQLs that has been executed by using psql client.
> we do not want to use .psql_history as it is distributed and may be
> deleted by users .
>
> The original objective is that we should be able to know what all hand made
> SQLs have  been executed in past  (which can date back as long as 1 year even)

You have to adjust log_statement in your postgresql.conf
however you will have to bear in mind the performance implications of this.
Normal production sites dont do this.
You can enable/disable this kind of logging any time by killing -HUP

--
Achilleas Mantzios