Re: Connecting from xp to linux server

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: Connecting from xp to linux server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The attached pg_hba.conf file does have several mistakes in.
Every entry needs a mask or cidr and an auth-method. Pleas see the manual at
chapter 21.1 for details about the different formats which are recognized.

psql is a command line tool to access a database.

Best regards
Ivo

Am Montag, 9. Juni 2008 23:15:14 schrieb Simone Gadenz:
> Shane,
>
> I attached the pg_hba.conf I have on the server. I can use pgadmin3 when
> I connect from the server itself, so I think the pg_hba on the server is
> correct.
>
>  From the client machine I cannot connect through pgadmin3. Is there
> another way to test connection client server? Has pg a textual client to
> send sql statements?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Simone
>
> Shane Ambler ha scritto:
> > Simone Gadenz wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> this is the problem I am facing.
> >>
> >> I have PG 8.3 running on a KUBUNTU installation running on a virtual
> >> machine. From inside the virtual machine I can use PGADMIN to manage PG
> >> but when I try to connect from the xp machine I have this error: "Error
> >> connecting to the server:FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file" .
> >>
> >> I set the permission in the pg_hba.conf on the server.
> >>
> >> The machine talk each oher, I can ping and use telnet on the 5432 port.
> >>
> >> The log on the server does not report any problem.
> >>
> >> Ideas?
> >
> > If you can telnet then I would say your network and firewall is right
> > and the error with pg_hba.conf is where you need to look.
> >
> > The pg_hba.conf is located in the data dir that you have specified for
> > postgresql. Is it there? What entries do you have after all the
> > comments? The errornous part would indicate a small syntax error or
> > did you edit it on windows with cr/nl characters and copy it across to
> > linux?

Сообщение: Re: Connecting from xp to linux server
Сообщение: Re: Connecting from xp to linux server