Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server

От Steve Holdoway
Тема Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:21:23 +0400
David Jorjoliani <djorj@mysoft.ge> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have daily cron jobs for database update, which where working fine on
> Fedore Core 6. No I move it on Ubuntu Server 7.10 and postgres gives error:
>
> "unexpected EOF on client connection"
>
> while update running from cron. If I run this update manually from root
> user - it works fine. Here is update command:
>
> su -l postgres -c "gunzip -c /backup/rms.gz | psql rms"
>
> Can somebody give any suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>

> --

In crontab you have almost no $PATH set up by default. My expectation is that it can't find gunzip. Try either setting
thePATH in the script, or using the full pathname of gunzip instead...

Cheers,

Steve

Вложения