Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Jorjoliani <djorj@mysoft.ge> wrote:

> I have daily cron jobs for database update, which where working fine on
> Fedore Core 6. No I move it on Ubuntu Server 7.10 and postgres gives error:
>
> "unexpected EOF on client connection"
>
> while update running from cron. If I run this update manually from root
> user - it works fine. Here is update command:
>
> su -l postgres -c "gunzip -c /backup/rms.gz | psql rms"
>
> Can somebody give any suggestion?

Not that this should matter, but do you have the same result with?:

su -l postgres -c "gunzip < /backup/rms.gz | psql rms"

I would recommend specifying the full path for the executables.  You
don't always have the normal $PATH for the user under cron.

-Kevin