Re: Examining very large dumps

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Examining very large dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Wednesday 16 April 2008 12:52:45 ο/η Tino Schwarze έγραψε:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:35:26PM +0300, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> > Hi, i just started the process of migrating from 7.4 to 8.3.1.
> > On restoring, apart from the easily explainable ERRORs (both in DDL, COPY), i got some ugly ERRORs
> > denoting foreign key constraint violations.
> > Since the dump is 35 Gbytes, i'd like your advice for examining, editing, extracting portions of large dumps,
> > in order to find the cause of the problem. vim (linux), vi (FreeBSD) or any other unix editor i tried, could not
handlethe
> > volume.
>
> Do you have a plain text dump or a compressed archive? Try using less
> for a first view, then extract things with grep or alter with sed.
Its a text dump. however less, tail, head seem dead slow, i'll try with some form
of grep.
I'd like to know if there is some kind of more efficient editor for viewing, searching
very large text files, searching by lineno or content.

--
Achilleas Mantzios

От: Tino Schwarze
Сообщение: Re: Examining very large dumps
От: Tino Schwarze
Сообщение: Re: Examining very large dumps