Re: Commit fest queue

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Commit fest queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:15:08 -0400
> Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> wrote:
>

> > Well, only if you want to "pull" the last status (i.e. someone else,
> > not you may have updated it, and you haven't set yourself to be
> > notified on changes).  But again, since it's by email, you already
> > have it all in your inbox, right?
>
> Do I? What if I am only using USENET to interfact?

The NNTP interface is so unreliable that I doubt this is a problem in
practice.

> What if I just purged my mailbox because I get over 4500 messages a
> month from these lists?

You said it best yesterday: "tough".

That said, in the Majordomo interface there is an option to send you a
message from its archives.  Or you can get the mbox from the archives.

> > >     * If I go to the wiki page again and click on the patch is it
> > > going to take me right back to the archive page?
> >
> > Only if the wiki/tracker *hasn't* been updated.
>
> How do I know?

You go check.

> One interface should be the goal.

The goal is making sure no patches are lost.

I don't know why you feel so strongly about this topic.  Are you a
frequent patch reviewer?  Not meant to bash you.

Сообщение: Re: Index AM change proposals, redux
Сообщение: Re: Index AM change proposals, redux