Re: Index AM change proposals, redux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Index AM change proposals, redux
Дата
Re: Index AM change proposals, redux  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> A bigger issue is whether this is worth applying when nobody seems to be
>> working on either of the main uses for it (bitmap indexes and GIT
>> indexes).  There seemed to be some possible marginal use for it in GIST
>> indexes, but I'm not convinced that's a sufficient reason to complicate
>> the APIs.

> It has some merit on its own.

Yeah, and Teodor's point about cleaning up the @@@ hack pretty much
seals the deal for me.

Unless anyone has objections, I will review and apply Heikki's patch
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-03/msg00163.php
which covers both the amgetmulti return-a-bitmap change and the
candidate-matches change.  (Heiiki, you don't have a later version
of that do you?)

The remaining topics associated with index AMs are closed for this
commit fest, unless anyone has specific questions they want discussed
right now...