Re: Commit fest queue

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Commit fest queue
Дата
Re: Commit fest queue  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> And in looking at this further, if I look at the Column Level
> privelages patch on the wiki, the archive page goes to a -hackers email.
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00049.php
>
>  * Do I now respond to the hackers list?

Note that we expect that
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00049.php
and
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/47F2B9D8.90702@dunslane.net
are the same thing: a message on pgsql-hackers containing a patch and
links to the subsequent discussion.  You should be smart enough to
figure out how to followup to that message.

Hmm, I see two problems here -- one is that it's not obvious what list
the message is in.  I'll try to add the list name as part of the title.
(I wonder what should happen if a message is posted to more than one
list.)

The other one is that the message-id page is not getting updated w.r.t.
the "thread index"/"main index" links ... (If you try "thread index" on
the message-id link, it doesn't work, but it does work on the other
one.)  Will fix.