Re: Commit fest queue]

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Commit fest queue]
Дата
Re: Commit fest queue]  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> > Lastly, how is this sustainable? I don't see anything that is reducing
> > Bruce's workload. (for example)
>
> The only think that will ever reduce Bruce's workload is him trusting
> that things aren't getting overlooked.  The value to the work Bruce does
> is that he really doesn't let anything slip through the cracks.  One way
> we can do that is by having a tracker/wiki which is an easy place for
> Bruce to see that:
>    "Hey, this is/was looked after.  I don't have to worry about this
>    <thing>, I can delete it (and the followups to it) from my huge list
>    of even more things to look at without expending lots of time
>    re-reading the whole thread to make sure it didn't just die out"

Yes, the sooner someone applies or rejects a patch or idea the quicker I
can remove it from my watch list and the fewer items I have to watch.

Also, let me add the wiki does not have items that need
discussion/feedback for this commit-fest.  Is that going to be added
someday?

http://enterprisedb.com