Re: Commit fest queue

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Commit fest queue
Дата
Re: Commit fest queue  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Commit fest queue  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:17:37 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > But now what?
>
> If you've got substantive comments to make, you make them by replying
> to the original email, same as it ever was.  The wiki page is an
> index of email threads that need attention.

Tom I think you missed my point. I am long past email client here. I
have opened a web browser, gone to a wiki, which pointed me to a
archives page, which has a patch, which I have downloaded, reviewed and
I am now ready to reply....

Oh but wait:

I now need to open my mail client (fair enough, with me it is alt-tab),
go to my projects-postgresql folder, put a search string in the search
field, find the correct email, reply to the email with my comments, and
possibly an updated patch or a patch to the patch.

Or :)

I can open a web browser, go to tracker.postgresql.org,
review the list of open patches, click one, download, review, comment,
upload new patch if required, done.

Which would you honestly rather do? Especially if there was a email
interface as well?

Sincerely,

Joshau D. Drake