Re: Handling large volumes of data

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Handling large volumes of data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 12:13:36PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I have got 8x720G disks in a hardware raid 5 setup. It is a Dell 2950

Thow away your RAID 5.  It's a loser for this.  Raid 1+0 is what you need.

> server. I am using an XFS-filesystem.  I am not certain about the

On another note, I've had abysmal experiences with xfs on linux.  Like,
"Oops, everything's in lost+found now!" abysmal.

(Unfortunately, actually, in my experience Linux has only bad and worse
choices for database filesystems.  Maybe they'll get it right with ext4.)