Re: New email list for emergency communications

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: New email list for emergency communications
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:48:36AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Well, I certainly don't until I realize I haven't received email, nor do
> > I know who is working on it.  Right now the emergency communication
> > system is ad-hock.
>
> So the solution you propose does not solve the problem you think you have
> -- i.e. that in the event there is a failure, the community doesn't know it.
>
> Would a health check system that updated web pages based on the monitor
> status help?  (Hint: I think the monitors are already in place.  What we
> need is some additional ways of accessing that data, I guess.)

Personally, I would love to get an email when the community email system
isn't working, and status while it is being worked on.  I assume others
would like to as well, so I don't go reporting/contacting people when
things are already being worked on.

Right now, when email is down, I just start IM'ing people.  A more
structured system would help me.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: