Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:11:49 -0500
"Chris Hoover" <revoohc@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Ok that's awesome.  However, is there any documentation out there
> explaining this feature in detail, and how it works, what to expect,
> etc. ?

As I understand it, the key to hot is that it is only useful if you are
updating non-indexed columns. This is great when dealing with things
like session tables where you are doing this:

UPDATE sessions SET last_active = current_date WHERE sid = <session_id>.

last_active may not indexed.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Сообщение: Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?