Re: Fwd: physical memory

От Tino Schwarze
Тема Re: Fwd: physical memory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 12:39:52AM -0800, Antonio5556 wrote:

> My fear is that the tablespace is related to a specific directory of the OS;
> and, in my best understanding on OS, the amount of memory of a directory is
> bounded by the amount of memory of the related HD. Hence, when the amount of
> memory related to such directory will run out of space it will not scale to
> other HD. :rules:

That's what Logical Volume Management (LVM) is for - it allows you to
have a filesystem which spans multiple HDs (or RAIDs). So this is not an
issue of PostgreSQL but of the operating system.

Tino.

--
www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.spiritualdesign-chemnitz.de

Tino Schwarze * Parkstraße 17h * 09120 Chemnitz