Re: [OT] Slony (initial) Replication - Slow

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [OT] Slony (initial) Replication - Slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Browne wrote:

> In contrast, Slony-I regenerates all the indexes on a given table in a
> "one swell foop" fashion, which might be expected to allow cacheing to
> provide a bit better performance than you could get with "pg_dump |
> psql".

I'm left wondering whether the swoop is actually fell.  I imagine most
people would not survive an elephant herd, or slony, turning fell.  Now,
swooping elephants must be an interesting sight.  If pigs can fly ...

Сообщение: Re: data volume resizing and large objects
Сообщение: Re: data volume resizing and large objects