Re: Performance tuning...

От Tino Schwarze
Тема Re: Performance tuning...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Carol,

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 10:34:47AM -0500, Carol Walter wrote:

> This has probably been discussed a number of times, but I really need
> your help.  I am upgrading from 8.1 to 8.2.  Right now I have the
> restore of the database to the new version running.  It has been
> running since December 21, at 4:30 PM.  I'm in a University
> environment and we're in the midst of winter break, so there is very
> little processing going on on my systems.  This is actually a test
> run of the upgrade.  I thought I would be able to do the test and
> live during the break but as slow as this thing is going, I may be
> lucky just to finish the test.  This brings me to my question.  Is
> there any performance tuning I can do to make this think run faster?
> This is a Sun box running Solaris 10.

The restore has been running for over 12 days now? How large is the
database? Did you adjust any settings in postgresql.conf (probably based
on the 8.1 ones)? Do you see anything in PostgreSQL's log file? What
kind of machine are you using (there are a lot of different Sun
boxes...)

Bye,

Tino.

--
www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.spiritualdesign-chemnitz.de

Tino Schwarze * Parkstraße 17h * 09120 Chemnitz