Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Am Freitag, 12. Oktober 2007 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Sorry, you don't get to put JOHAB back into the portion of the list that
> is backend-legal encodings.
>
> It's a bit nasty that this enum is exposed as part of the ABI, but I'm
> afraid we may be stuck with that decision.

Perhaps we should leave a gap where JOHAB used to be and add it at the end.
Otherwise we may have to do a soname exercise.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings
Сообщение: Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings