Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Perhaps we should leave a gap where JOHAB used to be and add it at the end.
> Otherwise we may have to do a soname exercise.

The question to me is whether the encoding numbers used by libpq
should be considered anything other than black-box numbers.  initdb
is arguably assuming more than it ought to about what they mean.

Сообщение: Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings
Сообщение: Re: libpq5 8.3 breaks 8.2 compatibility with encodings