Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Can somebody please explain to me what beta means if you can commit new
> >> stuff after it has been declared?
> >
> > We allow /contrib to be more lax about beta changes.
>
> Why? When people were complaining about not being able to use TSearch
> because their ISPs wouldn't install contrib modules we couldn't
> understand why they would think that way. If we are going to be less
> stringent about /contrib, maybe they were right to cautious.

The idea is /contrib isn't installed by default and it isn't tied into
the core code, and can be tested easier because it is stand-alone.  We
can rethink that logic but that has been the guide in the past.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review