Postgresql Server is not starting during it's installation

От
Тема Postgresql Server is not starting during it's installation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Sir,
          During the installation of "Postgresql Database Server" when I am tring execute the command
"/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres-D /usr/local/pgsql/data" it shows an error message:
        LOG:  could not translate host name "localhost", service "5432" to address: Name or service not known
        WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
        FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
Now I am in a great trouble. You please send me the necessary steps to rectify that problem. I am waiting for your
reply.

With regards,
Ankur Sahu,
Software Engineer.