Re: [DOCS] Contrib modules documentation online

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [DOCS] Contrib modules documentation online
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Donnerstag, 30. August 2007 15:26 schrieb Tom Lane:
> I thought a large part of the desire was to improve the visibility of
> the contrib docs, ie, put the docs under the noses of people who have
> *not* installed or even heard of the modules.  So "it's not in the docs
> unless you installed it" seems counter to the point.

I thought the point was to make the extensibility features of PostgreSQL more
usable so people would be more inclined to use them.  The assumption being
that the problem is not finding things but the hesitation against
using "unofficial" things.  Moving everything to the main blob of things
seems to go against that idea.

So perhaps some market research is required to clarify the actual requirements
and goals.

--
Peter Eisentraut