Re: Selecting a constant question

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Selecting a constant question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 03:18:33PM -0700, Dann Corbit wrote:
> Sure, but when I bind to a grid, I need to know a-priori how big the
> biggest returned instance can be.  Reading the entire data set twice to
> learn the size of a constant seems rather conceptually odd to me.

To be honest, the concept that a widget requires a constant that can't
be changed later is also a bit odd. There are many times you won't know
beforehand how big the data is, surely the framework should be smart
enough to handle these cases?

Start the width at 100, if it turns out to be too small, make it
bigger...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question