Re: Selecting a constant question

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Selecting a constant question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dann Corbit wrote:

> > Oh, you have the length information for each datum all right.  It's on
> > the first four bytes of it.
>
> Sure, but when I bind to a grid, I need to know a-priori how big the
> biggest returned instance can be.  Reading the entire data set twice to
> learn the size of a constant seems rather conceptually odd to me.

Did you read up on typmod already?  I think that's part of the info sent
down in the query response.

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"No single strategy is always right (Unless the boss says so)"                                                 (Larry

Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question