Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > Tsearch2 in core. I know that Tom has some reservations, he I and Treat all
> > commented on how it was done and to my knowledge those reservations have not
> > been resolved.
>
> We'd like to know about these reservations. If I understand you mean there
> are issues with the patch ? Our patch is several months old. We permanently
> keep it in sync with CVS HEAD, latest version is 0.47.
>
> We're really bored with the whole process of development. We're not
> full-time developers, we just devote our spare time which we withdraw from
> time we should spend on many other things. We have no time even to discuss
> those very useful threads about community management, patches, etc. We just
> rely on community decision.

This is a good example of how developers can get frustrated.  Pushing a
patch to 8.4 that was completed before 8.3 feature freeze is guaranteed
to add to that --- and if we lose our developers, we might as well shut
down the PostgreSQL project.

One good thing is that we have community discussion this now, so at
least we are focusing on it.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com