Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 15 May 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov wrote:

>>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01172.php
>>
>> there are several others threads.
>>
>> well, we did answer all raised questions and I don't want to begin
>> another wave.
>
> Did you address them? For example:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg00914.php

we added support of gin index for text data type, so one could just
    create index fts_idx on TABLE using gin(body);

and should be able to do full-text search. Of course, ranking is not
available, since index doesn't store positional information.

 About this syntax see
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg00936.php

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua d. drake
>

> The only problem I see is that some people doesn't like
>> introducing SQL syntax, they claim functions would be enough. SQL is a
>> nice language to manipulate db objects, finally. Also, select to
>> fts_create_dictionary(bla-bla....) looks pretty ugly,
>> pretty artificial.
>>
>> CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY dictname [    {   INIT  init_function
>>         | LEXIZE  lexize_function
>>         | OPTION opt_text } [ ... ]] LIKE template_dictname;
>>
>> select
>>

>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Joshua D. Drake
>>>

>>     Regards,
>>         Oleg
>> Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (www.astronet.ru),
>> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University, Russia
>> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
>> phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

>> TIP 7: You can help support the PostgreSQL project by donating at
>>
>>                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83