Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Realistically I just don't see getting everything in the ToDo patch list in;
> my vote is that we start deferring stuff for 8.4 if it doesn't have a
> reviewer, except for items which were submitted early in the cycle (and to
> whom it would be unfair).

It seems unfair to disinguish between early/last in cycle postings.

> If that means shortening the 8.4 cycle somewhat, I'm for that ... feature
> freeze in Feburary would be even better than April, because it means we could
> be in Beta for the May-June-July conferences, and increase our probability of
> being able to release at a major conference or PostgreSQL conference.
>
> Obviously for 8.4 reviewers need to start reviewing stuff from the first week
> of the development cycle.  I also don't actually see anything wrong with a
> 3-month feature freeze if we can somehow branch development earlier.  Easy
> for me to say, I know.

Yea, this is just pushing off work until later, which I don't support.
There is no easy out here and I am afraid we will just have to accept a
3-month feature freeze.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com