Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>
> > I think the only other thing we _could_ do is to re-open normal 8.3
> > development, so we aren't hampering updates to trivial parts of the
> > code. Many of the patches now in the queue had been developed for months
> > before 8.3 started, so the hope is that we wouldn't have many more new
> > large patches, but several small ones we could deal with while we
> > whittle away at the larger patches during the next few months.
> >
> > The question is whether it is healthy for us to remain in feature freeze
> > for months, and if it is unhealthy, what are our options?
>
> I don't see any reason development has to stop while the tree is in feature
> freeze. If it led to patches being ready for review and getting reviewed and
> committed early in the cycle rather than just before release I think it would
> actually be extremely healthy.

So you are saying just let people keep developing for 8.4 and we will
use it as soon as we start for 8.4.  OK.  We might get to a point where
we can just open development for 8.4, apply outstanding patches, and
head for beta.  ;-)

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com