Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size

От Johann Spies
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 10:34:18AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> writes:
> > I am using postgresql 8.1 on Debian Stable.
>
> 8.1.what?

Sorry.  The version is 8.1.8-1

> > psql:laai_squid_logs:4: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 1350958157
> > CONTEXT:  COPY squidlogs, line 238780099
>
> Is this repeatable?

Yes.

> Is it always the same line and same bogus request size?

Yes - the same line.  I am not 100% certain that it is the same bogus
request size.  I will test it overnight again. It takes a long time.

> If Postgres was built with debug symbols it would be useful to get a
> stack trace to try to figure out more about what's happening.  If you
> want to try that, attach to the backend with gdb while the COPY is
> running, then do
>
>     $ gdb /path/to/postgres PID-of-backend
>     gdb> b errfinish
>     gdb> cont
>     ... wait for breakpoint to be hit ...
>     gdb> bt
>     gdb> q
>     answer 'y' to ok-to-detach prompt

Unfortunately gdb reports "no debugging symbols found".  I will try and
recompile postgresql with debugging symbols and try again.

Thanks.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
      death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me;
      thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."  Psalms 23:4