Re: R: Postgres 8.3-dev

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: R: Postgres 8.3-dev
Дата
R: R: Postgres 8.3-dev  ("Paolo Saudin" <paolo@ecometer.it>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:00:32AM +0200, Paolo Saudin wrote:
> I am trying to install the 8.3-dev version on a Vmware virtual machine with
> WinXP SP2. I am able to install the 8.2.4.1 version with no problem using
> the very same settings for both servers as follow:

There is no 8.2.4.1 version. There is 8.2.4 or 8.2.1. or are you using
EnterpriseDB and not PostgreSQL? IIRC, the installer is differnt there...

> SETTINGS :
> Account name postgres with password postmaster

Is this both for the service account and the superuser account? Does this
accoutn already exist, or is the installer creating it?

> I then reset the virtual machine and installed the 8.2 with no problem. At
> that point I tried to install the 8.3-dev with the account created by the
> 8.2 installation and I end up the same error.

Any ideas on this Dave?

//Magnus