Re: R: Postgres 8.3-dev

От Dave Page
Тема Re: R: Postgres 8.3-dev
Дата
Re: R: Postgres 8.3-dev  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:00:32AM +0200, Paolo Saudin wrote:
>> I am trying to install the 8.3-dev version on a Vmware virtual machine with
>> WinXP SP2. I am able to install the 8.2.4.1 version with no problem using
>> the very same settings for both servers as follow:
>
> There is no 8.2.4.1 version. There is 8.2.4 or 8.2.1. or are you using
> EnterpriseDB and not PostgreSQL? IIRC, the installer is differnt there...

I suspect he means 8.2.4-1 which is how the archive is named in case it
needs re-rolling.

>> SETTINGS :
>> Account name postgres with password postmaster
>
> Is this both for the service account and the superuser account? Does this
> accoutn already exist, or is the installer creating it?
>
>> I then reset the virtual machine and installed the 8.2 with no problem. At
>> that point I tried to install the 8.3-dev with the account created by the
>> 8.2 installation and I end up the same error.
>
> Any ideas on this Dave?

The error in the log is in the create conversions phase of initdb, so I
doubt it's an installer issue. I don't have time to look right now, but
does initdb do anything unusual there? I've got a sneaking suspicion
I've seen a failure at this point before...

Regards, Dave.