R: Postgres 8.3-dev

От Paolo Saudin
Тема R: Postgres 8.3-dev
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am trying to install the 8.3-dev version on a Vmware virtual machine with
WinXP SP2. I am able to install the 8.2.4.1 version with no problem using
the very same settings for both servers as follow:

SETTINGS :
Account name postgres with password postmaster
Accept connections on all addresses, not just localhost
Install Adminpack

During 8.3-dev installation I got through the usual error, and there are no
previous warning during the installation process.

MSG :
Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in 'C:\...\...\initdb.log'.
Note! You must read .....

LOG FILE :
The same as the other email

I then reset the virtual machine and installed the 8.2 with no problem. At
that point I tried to install the 8.3-dev with the account created by the
8.2 installation and I end up the same error.

Paolo