Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel

От Frank Finner
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I use PostgreSQL now since about 10 years, a long time on SuSE-Linux, since about 2 years on CentOS, also on RedHat,
NetBSDand Solaris, and I never had any problems with installation or initialization or documentation.

Simply follow the few steps at the beginning of the INSTALL file included with the tarball:

./configure
gmake
su
gmake install
adduser postgres
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/data
chown postgres /usr/local/pgsql/data
su - postgres
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data >logfile 2>&1 &
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb test
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql test

If you do not know, what these steps mean, it is better to go and learn something about the OS you are using. If the
commandsmentioned above are not available on Cpanel (whatever that really is... - some kind of shell-GUI?), go to the
Cpaneldocumentation and look, what the equivalents for them is there. IMO it is nevertheless always better to use a
realshell like csh or bash on a VServer instead of some limiting configuration tool.

I you are using debs or rpms or whatever, you usually still have to create a superuser, whic is usually called
"postgres",and to initialize the whole thing. If Cpanel cannot do this for you, don't blame PostgreSQL for the problems
ofCpanel!

Regards, Frank.

--
Frank Finner

Invenius - Lösungen mit Linux
Köpfchenstraße 36
57072 Siegen
Telefon: 0271 231 8606    Mail: frank.finner@invenius.de
Telefax: 0271 231 8608    Web:  http://www.invenius.de
Key fingerprint = 90DF FF40 582E 6D6B BADF  6E6A A74E 67E4 E788 2651

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel