Re: I have a question about Database management

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: I have a question about Database management
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 19:05:58 +0800,
  nineday <nine9day@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a trouble.
> My DBMS is PostgreSQL which is accessory to Red hat 9.0.
> At the initial stages, it was very quick when select ,but operated for
> several months , it  become to very slow ,especially in a pivotal table.
> So,I exported data ,and recreate tables , finally import data, it get right
> .
>
> I do not know why. and what is the solution to my trouble
>                    Thank you very much ~~

You should probably also upgrade. The version of Postgres that came with
RH9 is going to be very old now. You should probably upgrade the OS as
well. While RH9 is supported by the Legacy project, they haven't exactly
been cranking out lots of fixes, so you should be very careful if that
system is exposed to attack over a network.