Re: postgresql books and convertion utilities

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: postgresql books and convertion utilities
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Alexander Staubo wrote:
> >> Which one is worth from following books?
> >>
> >> 1. PostgreSQL (2nd Edition) by Korry Douglas (Paperback - Jul 26,
> >> 2005)
> >
> > This is a good book. As far as I know it's the most up-to-date
> > general-purpose PostgreSQL book.
>
> It covers up to 8.0.
> It's a little verbose, but I would agree that it is a decent book.

I would agree with all of the above comment.  I will add that it was missing a discussion on
Postgresql's Rule system.  But if you are interested in connecting to postgresql using one of the
many Postgresql protocols it is a very good book to use.

Here is a link that corrects some typos in the book:

http://www.samspublishing.com/content/images/0672327562/Errata/0672327562errata.pdf

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.