Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >
> >> I have updated the text.  Please let me know what else I should change.
> >> I am unsure if I should be mentioning commercial PostgreSQL products in
> >> our documentation.
> >
> > I think you should mention the postgresql-only ones, but just briefly with a
> > link.  Bizgres MPP, ExtenDB, uni/cluster, and Mammoth Replicator.
>
> And to further this I would expect that it would be a subsection.. e.g;
> a <sect2> or <sect3>. I think the open source version should absolutely
> get top billing though.

I am not inclined to add commercial offerings.  If people wanted
commercial database offerings, they can get them from companies that
advertize.  People are coming to PostgreSQL for open source solutions,
and I think mentioning commercial ones doesn't make sense.

If we are to add them, I need to hear that from people who haven't
worked in PostgreSQL commerical replication companies.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us