Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?

От: Jim C. Nasby
Тема: Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

FW: Simple join optimized badly?  ("H.J. Sanders", )
 Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
   Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
     Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?  (Mark Kirkwood, )
    Re: FW: Simple join optimized badly?  (Scott Marlowe, )

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:44:20AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jim C. Nasby" <> writes:
> > If someone's going to commit to putting effort into improving the
> > planner then that's wonderful. But I can't recall any significant
> > planner improvements since min/max (which I'd argue was more of a bug
> > fix than an improvement).
>
> Hmph.  Apparently I've wasted most of the last five years.

Ok, now that I've actually looked at the release notes, I take that back
and apologize. But while there's a lot of improvements that have been
made, there's still some seriously tough problems that have been talked
about for a long time and there's still no "light at the end of the
tunnel", like how to handle multi-column statistics.
--
Jim Nasby