Re: Cant connect to psql on winxp

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: Cant connect to psql on winxp
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 11:20:22AM +0200, Wolfgang Schedl wrote:
> Thanks, point 3 did the trick! Seems, I have to read the documentation
> better....

point 3 was a test, right?  You are not intending to leave it that way,
of course?

> > 3. Try using mode "open for all": 0.0.0.0/0.  If You have this mode and
> > "listen_adress='*'" You have fully open PostgreSQL. If You have still
> > problems, this should be TCP/IP connection problem. If You want to be
> > more safe: if You are using 24 mode adress, so in pg_hba.conf You will
> > have: xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24, 32 mode: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 for more read PDF
> > with PostgreSQL doc (chapter 20)
> > 4. Do You have really telnet service started on 5432 port ? I suggest to
> > stop this service, when You are using other service on tis same port.

you can use the telnet client to connect to any port, the telnet service
does not have to be the service that syn/acks:

[postgresql@wireworm postgresql]$ telnet stell 25
Trying 198.82.169.14...
Connected to locust.cns.vt.edu (198.82.169.14).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 locust.cns.vt.edu ESMTP

Сообщение: Re: Cant connect to psql on winxp
Сообщение: Re: Cant connect to psql on winxp