Re: postgres in HA constellation

От Sebastian Reitenbach
Тема Re: postgres in HA constellation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

> I think PITR would be a much better option to protect against this,
> since you could probably recover up to the exact point of failover.
>
> When it comes to the actual failover, take a look at the HA-linux
> project. They've got some stuff you could probably use (such as the
> heartbeat program). Another really good idea is to give the backup
> machine to kill the power to the primary machine, and not have either
> machine mount the shared storage at bootup.
As I am using carp on OpenBSD to setup HA cluster, I am very comfortable with
ucarp, the userland implementation for Linux. at boot up the default mount of
the database files is readonly and having the database not running, then
starting ucarp, and then only in case this machine becomes master, it remounts
the postgres data and shall start the database.
And I thought about that killing the power of the "lost" master after a
takeover too, to make sure hte machine will not come back unconditionally
later.

kind regards
Sebastian

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: postgres in HA constellation
От: Vinayak B R
Сообщение: How to install postgreSQL 8.1.4 on RHEL -ES 4