Re: How can I restore from WAL log? [PG 7.3]

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: How can I restore from WAL log? [PG 7.3]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 22:16:19 +0800,
  Chan Michael <michael_kychan@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL and now want to know how can I recover from a database crash.

If you are just talking about the server dying unexpectedly, you recover
by restarting it. Doing this should recover all transactions.

Note that if your hard drives a lying to you about write completion, this
might not work.