Re: real and effective user ids must match

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: real and effective user ids must match
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 11:13:06AM +0800, david.lao@sharpasia.com.mo wrote:
> Thanks, I will try to upgrade new viersion, the ouput of <su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p
/usr/bin/postmasterstart> is
> <
> postmaster successfully started
> /usr/bin/postmaster: real and effective user ids must match

The postmaster still thinks it's running setuid; this error appears
to be coming from backend/main/main.c (excerpt from the 7.2.2 source
code):

  if (getuid() != geteuid())
  {
      fprintf(stderr, gettext("%s: real and effective user ids must match\n"),
              argv[0]);
      exit(1);
  }

Can you start the postmaster without using pg_ctl?  Please post the
output of the following commands (make sure PGDATA is set for the
second one):

su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c id
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/postmaster -D $PGDATA"

What OS are you running?

> the problem start after I restart the postgres service, there are nothing
> change in postmaster since last time.

When was the last time you successfully started the postmaster the
same way you're trying now?  How long had you been running PostgreSQL
without any problems?  If it used to work then something has changed.

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: real and effective user ids must match
Сообщение: Re: real and effective user ids must match