Re: [GENERAL] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Short answer, you can't. The database server can obviously only access
things on the database server. Since SQL is also executed on the
server, no SQL statements can access stuff on the client computer.

If you want to load a file on the client side to the server, you need
to open the file and copy it over using the lo_ functions. There no way
(IIRC) to access the contents of large objects from just SQL.

Hope this helps,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:45:10PM +0530, Purusothaman A wrote:
> Hi Martijn van Oosterhout,
>
> Thanks for your valuable reply.
>
> Yes I misunderstood the documentation.
>
> Then, I searched PostgreSQL documentation for equivalent client-side
> functions.
> But I found only C programming APIs instead of SQL functions.
>
> I want functions which is usable in SQL statements.
>
> Can you give example or equivalent client side function syntax?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> :)
> Purusothaman A
>

> On 9/9/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> >
> >On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 05:19:26PM +0530, Purusothaman A wrote:
> >> I usually log in to postgresql server with admin username.
> >>
> >> But whatever its, according to documentation, if client machine's user
> >has
> >> write access
> >> permission, this query should successfully be executed.
> >
> >Read carefully, you are using the server-side functions, therefore:
> >
> >"These two functions read and write files in the server's file system,
> >using the permissions of the database's owning user."
> >
> >What your client user is is irrelevent. Perhaps you actually want to
> >use the client-side functions?
> >
> >Have a nice day,
> >--
> >Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> >> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to
> >litigate.

> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.