Re: [ADMIN] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.

От Purusothaman A
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problem with lo_export() and lo_import() from remote machine.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martijn van Oosterhout,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Yes I misunderstood the documentation.

Then, I searched PostgreSQL documentation for equivalent client-side functions.
But I found only C programming APIs instead of SQL functions.

I want functions which is usable in SQL statements.

Can you give example or equivalent client side function syntax?

Thanks in advance.

:)
Purusothaman A

On 9/9/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 05:19:26PM +0530, Purusothaman A wrote:
> I usually log in to postgresql server with admin username.
>
> But whatever its, according to documentation, if client machine's user has
> write access
> permission, this query should successfully be executed.

Read carefully, you are using the server-side functions, therefore:

"These two functions read and write files in the server's file system,
using the permissions of the database's owning user."

What your client user is is irrelevent. Perhaps you actually want to
use the client-side functions?

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   < kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/