pg_dump problem

От Srinivas Iyyer
Тема pg_dump problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear group,

I have two databases in my system.

In firstdb i am having the following problem:
 firstdb=# \d targets
 ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 362
 DETAIL:  could not open file
 "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0000": No such file or
directory

 when I vacuumed it:
 $ vacuumdb firstdb
 vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "firstdb" failed:
 ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 11
 DETAIL:  could not open file
 "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0000": No such file or
 directory

 Second problem:

 Issue with secondb - arraydb

 $ vacuumdb arraydb
 VACUUM

 Suspecting there is something going on with
 postgres,
 I wanted to take a backup of the arraydb.

here is what I am doing:

 $ sudo pg_dump arraydb >
 arraydb_bcup_Aug_05_2006.dump

 There is nothing in this. I created dumps long back
 and they are heavy.
 I restarted the postgre server /etc/init.d/postgres
restart  Despite this, I am having problems.

$ ls -lh
 total 8.0K
 -rw-r--r--  1 speri postgres 0 Aug  5 20:17
 arradb_bcup_Aug_05_2006.out

What is in the /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog
$ sudo ls -lh /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog
total 80K
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres 72K Aug  5 20:12 0001

Logs:

Surprisingly my logs is empty . Is this because I
restarted the server.

 what could be the problem in the cases of first and
 second problems.

 looking forward to hear from experts eagerly.

 Thanks