Re: pg_dump problem

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: pg_dump problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Aug 6, 2006, at 9:47 AM, Srinivas Iyyer wrote:
> I have two databases in my system.
>
> In firstdb i am having the following problem:
>  firstdb=# \d targets
>  ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 362
>  DETAIL:  could not open file
>  "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0000": No such file or
> directory
>
>  when I vacuumed it:
>  $ vacuumdb firstdb
>  vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "firstdb" failed:
>  ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 11
>  DETAIL:  could not open file
>  "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0000": No such file or
>  directory

You didn't mention what version you're using, but this sounds a lot
like a corruption problem.

>  Second problem:
>
>  Issue with secondb - arraydb
>
>  $ vacuumdb arraydb
>  VACUUM
>
>  Suspecting there is something going on with
>  postgres,
>  I wanted to take a backup of the arraydb.
>
> here is what I am doing:
>
>  $ sudo pg_dump arraydb >
>  arraydb_bcup_Aug_05_2006.dump
>
>  There is nothing in this. I created dumps long back
>  and they are heavy.
>  I restarted the postgre server /etc/init.d/postgres
> restart  Despite this, I am having problems.
>
> $ ls -lh
>  total 8.0K
>  -rw-r--r--  1 speri postgres 0 Aug  5 20:17
>  arradb_bcup_Aug_05_2006.out

Just where did that out file come from?

> What is in the /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog
> $ sudo ls -lh /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog
> total 80K
> -rw-------  1 postgres postgres 72K Aug  5 20:12 0001
>
> Logs:
>
> Surprisingly my logs is empty . Is this because I
> restarted the server.

Probably not, unless it's something the init.d script (which we have
nothing to do with) is doing. You probably have logging mis-
configured, or you're looking in the wrong place.