Re: TCP/IP connection on PostGre 8.0

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: TCP/IP connection on PostGre 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006 12.45 schrieb LiveShell:
> Hi all,
>           Follosing is the list of RPM installed on my FC4
>
> postgresql-libs-8.0.8-1.FC4.1
> postgresql-server-8.0.8-1.FC4.1
> postgresql-docs-8.0.8-1.FC4.1
> postgresql-8.0.8-1.FC4.1
> postgresql-devel-8.0.8-1.FC4.1
>
> And following is the contnet of the
>
>              ===postgresql.conf file
>
> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>- # CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION
> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>-
>
> # - Connection Settings -
>
> listen_addresses = 'localhost' # what IP interface(s) to listen on;

Are you connecting from an other host? This other host might not have access
to your localhost address.

>     # defaults to localhost, '*' = any
> port = 5432
> #tcpip_socket = true

Uncommenting the above might help as well as starting the server with the
option -i.

> max_connections = 100
>  # note: increasing max_connections costs about 500 bytes of shared
>  # memory per connection slot, in addition to costs from shared_buffers
>  # and max_locks_per_transaction.
> #superuser_reserved_connections = 2
> #unix_socket_directory = ''
> #unix_socket_group = ''
> #unix_socket_permissions = 0777 # octal
> #rendezvous_name = ''  # defaults to the computer name
>
> # - Security & Authentication -
>
> #authentication_timeout = 60 # 1-600, in seconds
> #ssl = false
> #password_encryption = true
> #krb_server_keyfile = ''
> #db_user_namespace = false
>
>               =========== pg_hba.conf file
>
> # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
>
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local   all         all                               trust
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all         all         0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      trust
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

This are definitly not recommended values for production use. Chapter 19 of
server documentation might be of interest here.