Re: lock a database from new connections, without modifying pg_hba.conf

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: lock a database from new connections, without modifying pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 10 July 2006 15:58, adey wrote:
> Can hba be manipulated in such a way to make Postgres "read only" to obtain
> a complete and full backup please, and if so, how?

PostgreSQL allows "complete and full backups" while in production. E.g; we
support hot backups :). You do not have to stop working just to run backups
(unlike another unnamed database).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/